Saturday, February 24, 2007

easyCruise in the Caribbean


I get e-mails often from people wanting to know how to travel around the Caribbean. In the past, there really hasn't been an easy and economical way to travel from island to island-until now!


I just read a New York Times article that easyCruise now has a cruising itinerary for those looking for an affordable way to travel the Caribbean islands! I thought this was new, but I just called my friend Kristina to tell her about it and she already knew from reading it in Budget Travel. How did I miss this?

Here's what the website has to say

easyCruise returns to the Caribbean with a new itinerary taking in the island paradises of St Maarten, St Barts, Anguilla, St Kitts, Nevis and Antigua. From 8th December, complete with a stylish new look, easyCruiseOne will take to the seas from as little as £98 per person per week.

Arriving at some of the Caribbean’s most exclusive islands, our new itinerary allows you to immerse yourself in a diverse mixture of cultures, stroll along numerous white sandy beaches, dive in and explore the depths of the clear blue coastal waters or simply visit the islands chic boutiques or enjoy an espresso in one of the continental-style cafés.

Unlike any other cruise, on easyCruise you have freedom to explore each destination at your leisure. Sailing early each morning, easyCruise arrives in a new port by late morning so you can enjoy the day and nightlife in some of the Caribbean’s best destinations.
easyCruiseOne has a stylish new look!


To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of traveling as a tourist. You know, where people jump off at port, buy overpriced yet worthless souvenirs, see a "local" on the street and think they're experiencing the culture, eat hamburgers at a restaurant that was designed just for tourists, take a few pictures and then leave again. But, from what I have heard and read, at least easyCruise passengers do seem to have a little bit more freedom and independence to experience the islands. And the best part about it is that it's cheap. I would do it. I am seriously considering it! I think that would be an awesome Spring Break! I'm sure that the cruises are mostly full, but they do have some last cruises in April, I guess before they head to the Med.

I'm sure the people in St. Barts with with their million dollar homes overlooking million dollar views of the ocean love looking down at the easyCruise ships! I wonder what kind of impact this will have on the islands-especially the exclusive ones like St. Barts.

No comments: