Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm a travel writer...sort of!

I submitted an article entitled, So You Want to Work on a Yacht?, to eZine.com and it was accepted. If you are one of the three regular lurkers on my blog then you'll recognize it as basically just an article I've posted on here. I'm just crossing over...to where I'm not sure. I am also listed as an expert author in the cruising and sailing category. Me? I'm just waiting for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to overtake me. Maybe the true experts are actually out doing something productive like cruising or sailing as compared to me just sitting here at my computer. Either way, it's out there for your viewing pleasure or displeasure...

6 comments:

Chris from the Amateur Traveler said...

as one of your lurkers, that's cool!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I really like your blog and podcast. I even bought that backpack you recommended. I was wondering, do you have to be a US citizen to work on a yacht?

Jerri said...

thanks Chris and Julie!

Julie: How do you like the backpack? I met people from all over the world working on yachts, Hungary, Czech Republic, NZ, OZ, England, Wales, South AFrica, Costa Rica, Bulgaria. Most US flagged boats are required to have US citizens. Some boats explicitly say NO AMERICANS only Australians. Apparently, Austalians are easier to get along with!! So, no way, you can be from just about anywhere to work on boats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats thats really awesome!
Your writing is great and I love reading your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, greetings from Sweden

Nice blog.

Take care.

FT

Anonymous said...

Haha, I read that and appreciated it greatly. Its something that woudlve never occurred to me, and it sounds so awesome (if you've got the balls to go for it!!)

Good for you. :-)