Monday, January 15, 2007

"I Have a Dream"



I try to post only about travel topics on my blog, but today is Martin Luther King Day and he was one of the greatest men who ever lived so I thought I would put his "I Have a Dream" speech on the blog.

Everyone has a dream. My dream is not nearly as noble as fighting for Civil Rights and Justice and in all reality probably quite selfish. Mine is to travel the world. To see beautiful, awe inspiring places. To meet incredible people. To learn from others. To teach others about the world around them. To inspire others. I do have a special place in my heart for the women and children I have met in some of the poor countries I've been to. Hopefully, in my own small way, I will leave this world better than I found it. I saw this quote on a bumper sticker yesterday, "Those who abandoned their dreams will discourage yours." I believe it's true.

What would this world have been like if Martin Luther King, Jr., and the countless others who fought with him had given up their dreams because of the discouragement of others? Thankfully we'll never know.

No comments: