Friday, July 06, 2007

Changes at the One Girl Blog

Well, I have some good news! Part of the reason I stopped my podcasts was because I haven't gone anywhere lately so I didn't really have much to talk about (but that is about to change) and partly because I felt that the quality of the podcasts just weren't up to par! The good news is that I have found someone (actually an old friend from high school) who is a Grammy winning producer who has offered to help produce the "One Girl, Her Backpack and a Passion for Travel" podcasts! He's also offered to do video as well which leads me to more good news.

I have been looking for funding for a while to do a TV show about travel. I wanted to start my show in the Caribbean then move down into Central and South America. Well, I have raised enough funds so far to do a few shows, hire a crew and a CO-HOST! We have the production all line up and now all we need is the crew and possibly some more money (of course, who doesn't need more money?)! My friend's services definitely don't come cheap, but he's known me for a long time and knows I've been wanting to this for at least 10 years! So here's the timeline: Starting in November we'll be leaving for the Caribbean with me, the crew and co-host and begin shooting a few episodes. The episodes will be available at the new website (which is also in development right now). Check back often. I'll keep you updated on the progress!