Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Everything's bigger in Texas, y'all!

Texas Flag

In the past two weeks, I've driven, with my car packed with every possession I have including my surfboard, from Boston, MA, through NYC, Washington D.C., Savannah, GA, down to Miami. From Miami I drove to Atlanta, GA, to stay with my best friend Rose then to Birmingham, Alabama and down to New Orleans for the 1st anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Took a tour of New Orleans, which I must add, is horrendous. Then I drove into Houston where my family lives. I can go no more! I stopped at my grandmother's apartment and have been crashing here for three days. She's got a great place in Houston with one caveat-it's a retirement community. I'm like Cameron Diaz in that movie "In Her Shoes" and my gramma is Shirley MacLaine.

Once I get settled in, wherever that may be, I'll upload pics of everywhere. Right now, in the fiasco that is the back of my Jeep, the cable for my camera is lost. I'm also planning a podcast, if I could only find my microphone. Hang tight! This girl is no longer living out of just her backpack, I'm living out of my car. My life used to be so simple!

No comments: