Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Travel Detox

When I quit my last job after 6 months I was afraid that it would mean that I wouldn't have the chance to go on my Thailand trip planned for January. Well that still holds true, but today it hit me that I won't be up for my vacation days for another 6 months at my new job. That means I will not have traveled to a new country for over a year. Yes, I realize that my job requires travel sometimes to new to me countries but that's work. I want a real vacation. And I need to meet my goal to go to all 7 continents soon.

Today I started dreaming again of all the places I want to go and still haven't been. First of all I still want to go to Asia and Antarctica and once I have been to those places I am allowed my frivalous trips. Which include but are only limited by my imagination.

• I think it would be fun to travel Central and South America by motorcycle. Probably really dangerous too! But I am dying to go to Machu Pichu.
• I want to travel the entire continent of Africa. This will take at least a year to travel the perimeter plus Madagascar. I think I will start in Spain and go down and clockwise. Why? Not really sure why, but why not?
• Then I want to return to Europe and take the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow.
• Of course I want to sail across the Atlantic and spend a summer in the Mediterranean, preferably Greece and Croatia
• I would love to see the Taj-Mahal
• Budapest and Prague are also cities I would love to see. But as I was doing research on them I noticed that I want to go to every country in Europe. I wonder if that’s possible. OK. I’m up for it.

Where am I going to get the money for this? And who wants to go with me?

No comments: