Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Leaving Boston, back to the Caribbean

The past month has really been a bad month for me. It started out with much happiness and anticipation at we left on the boat for Ft. Lauderdale from Boston. As we headed south, Hurrican Wilma headed north toward us leaving behind a destroyed Ft. Lauderdale. So as we waited in New York City at Chelsea Piers for Wilma to pass and FLL to reconstruct, the owner of the boat came on unexpectadly and we all had to work after hoping for a leisurely delivery down. So we ended up staying two weeks in NYC. I didn't mind as one week we had off of work and we spent exploring and tearing up NYC. Best of all, we got to spend Halloween off work in New York. Wow! You haven't seen All Hallows Eve until you've seen it in NYC!

We got the OK to head to Charleston, SC, to get us a little closer to FLL but then again we were caught off guard as the owner requested us to Atlantis Marina in Nassau, Bahamas two weeks before Thanksgiving and when we were planning to go there. Even though the entire crew hates FLL we were all so looking forward to seeing old yachtie friends back there even if it meant we were stuck in Lauderdale. What's worse than being stuck in Lauderdale? Being stuck in the Bahamas when you would rather been in Florida. I know, it's a tough life, But I was expecting to meet my best friend Rose in FLL and had to call off her vacation to visit me at the last minute. Thus is the life of a yachtie I suppose. One thing I miss about land life is seeing my friends when I want to see them. I would give anything to be able to be roommates with Rose again. We had the most fun!

Anyway, I managed to get a little sun by the pool at Atlantis. Hey, I haven't seen the sun in 8 months! I spend everyday inside the pit of the boat...cleaning toilets! I know, it's hard to sit by the pool drinking Pina Coladas on your day off. But if I didn't, who would drink all the rum?

Finally after Thanksgiving was over and the owners were off the boat we made a bee line to FLL where I was greeted by noone as all my friends have all left for St. Martin in the Caribbean. :( Now one of my best friends on the boat has quit suddenly and don't have a party friend anymore. Ahhh. I can't wait until Christmas. Christmas in St. Thomas should make up for the last month.

No comments: