Well, for the past week I have been doing a lot of thinking about things. I have been thinking about what I have accomplished in the last year. But then there are so many things that I wanted to do but didn't do.
• Backpacked alone across South Africa including surfing for the
• Drove from Texas to Miami in 2 days
• Drove from New York through the Appalachians to Atlanta then
• Went to St. Kitts, Nevis, all the USVI and BVI
• Spent an entire summer in The Hamptons in New York and New
• Spent a month in Boston
• Went on a Safari and was chased by elephants
• Started doing yoga classes in NYC
Things I didn’t accomplish
• I didn’t start a new travel business
• I didn’t run a marathon, 10k, or even a 5k
• I didn’t return back to Texas
• I didn’t see anyone in my family for an entire year ?
• I didn’t go back to school for my MBA
• I didn’t lose (or gain) weight
• I didn’t go to church
• I didn’t go to medical school
Things I want to do in 2006
• Take yoga classes in Thailand, kayak in Antarctica, and hike
across New Zealand
• Visit all my friends on the West Coast
• Visit all my friends back in Texas
• My first triathlon
• Ride a bike across Africa
• Sail across the Atlantic
So here are my new years resolutions. We'll see how this goes and if I can check them off my list come 2007!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Headed to St. Thomas today. The thing I love about doing deliveries is that I get the chance to just think. We are on the water for days at a time and I have nothing to do but think. I think about what I want to do about my future, I think about my past and sometimes I just enjoy the present. Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. The sun was out, there were no waves the water was like glass. When we arrive it will be Christmas day and then we have all day to just hang out, exchange presents with the crew and eat Christmas dinner that the chef made for us. I can't wait. Sometimes I hate my job, but today I couldn't ask for anything better in the world.
Posted by Jerri at 4:43 PM